Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom I Stereo Pair - Music one Speaker constantly breaking-up
Greetings!

I have owned my phantoms gold going on 6 or 7 years now (I think) and have a “mostly love but a little bit of hate” relationship with them. On the one hand, when they are at their best they are stellar. On the other hand, whenever there is an upgrade of any kind in the music source chain, I am always worried about there being an upgrade that doesn’t cleanly handshake with the Devialet music chain. Anyway, about 3 years ago now, I started having issues similar to yours with no obvious solution. I was so frustrated I eventually told the Devialet, which was very keen on helping, to just call it quits for a bit. Ended up, so far as I can tell, while setting up two seperate in home mesh networks, even though the speakers were hardwired from a mesh router, that essentially one speaker was gravitating to one in home network while the other speaker gravitated to another in home network. Eventually the issue resolved when Devialet, my mesh networks, and Apple all received updates at about the same time. As a result, I swore I’d never buy another hifi product (or car) that’s so software/network dependent.

Regardless, my thought is to take your speakers to another house and see if the user experience is at all different. If they work, then I’d say the issue is local to your home.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom I Stereo Pair - Music one Speaker constantly breaking-up - by JDtheJD - 29-Feb-2024, 19:16