Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phantom I glitches when playing a certain song
(16-Apr-2024, 17:26)ZeeZ Wrote:
(14-Apr-2024, 10:41)scotthar Wrote: Odd indeed. kind of like a perfect storm, track dynamics and some kind of limiter, i don't necessarily think its a bug or a software glitch as much as it is something to keep you from throwing the speaker away.  I can repro that.  Not sure if its the deep deep bass or the complex oscillation but about 15 seconds with enough volume  more than 50 something and it pops the right speaker shuts down for me.  its kind of saying NOPE not gonna let you break me today...   sometimes it recovers on its own but more often needs a restart.sci  D pero
  EITHER WAY SOMETHING THE R&D TEAM should look at , that's not the track the Marketing team wants to play on some stage someplace... Wink

Yes exactly it shuts off and then tries to reconnect but then the bass will be a lot less compared to before it shuts off. And the only way to fix it is by restarting the phantom. 

My only issue is that if im paying this much money for a phantom I should not be thinking everytime i play a new song if it will work or not, even if the possibility of this glitch happening is very low.

Your playback problem is an interesting one. One thought that comes to mind is that the music file itself is the problem, that is to say the way it has been mastered or has been stored on the streaming service you're pulling the song from. There could be clipping occurring that the Phantom picks up on, it being such a precise playback instrument. This is why the problem presents itself at the same moment in the song everytime it is played.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i

Messages In This Thread
RE: phantom I glitches when playing a certain song - by supaDean - 27-Apr-2024, 09:58