Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Various NAS Server used on the Forum
Hello Guillaume - Thanks for keeping me honest here Smile. Truly appreciate it.

Plain simple i wanted to collect various NAS drivers used by forum members and their experience. I was looking for - is there a high end NAS? is the SSD NAS better than HDD  and if so which one out there is better than the other.

I doubted my WD NAS is the culprit for drop outs as i use AIR_ETH. i never used AIR_wifi. thanks for clearing the air ( Smile sounds funny air/AIR ) around this.

In fact thanks for clearing lot of gross cloud i had in my mind about NAS drivers. I almost said Amen in my mind when you wrote all the above.

Also when i sent email to Support-Devialet, about if one can directly connect NAS HDD to Devialet through USB (I thought WD NAS USB will do, but looks like your explanation about Sinology can do it - see i did not know about it). My question to them was miss-understood/ or i was not clear, and I got response that connecting a NAS  directly to USB of Devialet - this is something they might work for future upgrade (see email copied below)

Network Streamers maybe excluded from this list Smile these are truly high-end. I m looking for the once Dialog thing gets settled (usage model truly understand + SQ)

Regards and truly appreciate all inputs,
/Jnan
------------------------
email copied here
Streaming music directly from your NAS to the Devialet without a computer in between, just by selecting the file from your iPad is not yet available.

This functionality is called UPnP (or DLNA which is a version of UPnP) compatible. We do not support this functionality for the moment but we will probably have a version of it in the future. We just want to have the right version of it as the current UPnP protocol isn't appropriate.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Various NAS Server used on the Forum - by Jnan_devi - 06-Mar-2015, 17:21
RE: Various NAS Server used on the Forum - by Vizargo - 27-Jul-2017, 17:45
Various NAS Server used on the Forum - by no32 - 28-Jul-2017, 10:53