Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Fritz: Soulution 711 v Devialet 400
(02-Apr-2015, 10:33)f1eng Wrote: The Goldmund preamp and monos which I replaced by my dual D-Premiers are no longer made but the latest version of the preamp, which has a separate power supply and balanced connections (which are now in fashion but Goldmund consider are worse due to extra complexity) and the equivalent monoblocs list at just over €200,000. If one includes DAC and phono stage add at least another €50,000. I would not say that the Devialet was "much better" but it is certainly notably quieter and sounded very similar, which no other amp I have tried ever has.
FWIW
I still think the Devialets are bargains.

The Devialet was for me a no brainer bargain compared to other manufacturers offerings and pricing as I couldn't motivate my self (and wife) to spend +50 000 USD just for amplification. 

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeff Fritz: Soulution 711 v Devialet 400 - by Mikeeo - 02-Apr-2015, 10:40