Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
(07-Oct-2015, 18:51)thumb5 Wrote:
(07-Oct-2015, 18:39)Nick Wrote: Devialet D200 + Franco Serblin Accordos

Nice!  What do you think of them?  What would you say are their strengths (and weaknesses, if any)?

They're on my list if/when I feel like a change so I have more than a passing interest.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian,
Well I really like them.

The way I got to them was very circuitous, initially I was looking at a pair of Magneplanars (didn't really work for me), ended up trying a pair of SF Guarneri Mementoes and was then directed to the Accordos.

They do have that Serblin magic. They sound "bigger" than they look, of course they don't move air in quite the same way as a bigger speaker but they just don't sound small. I have read a couple of reports where reviewers heard them at shows not realising that it was the Accordos playing and not the Ktemas standing next to them. I guess it would be more obvious with something like an organ piece. The midrange is superb, clean and clear but not harsh. Voices and instruments in that sort of range sound natural and suitably weighted. They have a nimble and clear bass, of course lacking the ultimate power a floor stander would provide but good none the less. One thing I did find was that they do need some power to drive them otherwise the top end can sound somewhat exposed. 50 odd watts of valve power just didn't do the job. I find them very non fatiguing and they are a speaker that will have you playing one recording after another. They are revealing but not in that in your face way. They did step up to another level with the Devialet and SAM, in my room 100% SAM was just a bit too much but backed off to 70% is just about right for me. The SAM implementation really helps fill out the bass and low mids to totally alleviate the exposed top end issue I mentioned earlier. I hope that gives and idea and apologies for the rambling nature of the post.

Cheers Nick

PS. They do look gorgeous too

Messages In This Thread
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by Nick - 07-Oct-2015, 22:29
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by MIKE - 10-Feb-2018, 16:25