Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
I have to thank JohnnySix for SAMing XTZ 99.36 MkII - they preform like a whole new speaker with SAM!

[Image: IMG_1308.jpg]  [Image: IMG_1307.jpg]

I had the XTZ A100 D3 amplifier before Devialet 200 - relatively cheap integrated amplifier with DAC and phono stage, not unlike Devialet Expert, but it costs only 850 EUR. It was even cheaper in 2011 when I bought it together with XTZ 99.36 MkII, now just the speakers cost more than I paid for amp + speakers (1600 EUR are speakers now, I paid 1400 EUR for everything). I wonder if that brings the resale value of the amp up a bit... Tongue 

I never felt that speaker were under-amped with A100, that integrated amplifier weighs more than 22 kg, has 110W in 8ohm, sort-of-A-class-but-not-really, can output 2x350W peak power bursts... But Devialet realy grips the speakers quite differently, and with SAM the bass transformed into something much quicker and detailed... I like it! I'm burning in the amp for a week now, and I think the sound is still slowly changing for the better.

So for my humble listening room (20 square meters) this is really enough, I might start looking for better and (unfortunately) more expensive speakers when I move into a larger room.
• Kuzma Stabi S turntable • Kuzma Stogi S arm • Benz Micro ACE H cartridge • PC with MusicBee / WASAPI source • Oyaide d+ NEO B-Class USB cable • Devialet 200 amplifier • Blue Jeans Ten speaker cable • GoldenEar Triton One •

Messages In This Thread
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by Bwaze - 09-Mar-2016, 19:14
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by MIKE - 10-Feb-2018, 16:25