Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
Devialet 400 with JBL K2 S9900 speakers. Currently with SAM at 60%, enough to give significantly extended and more textured low bass response. At 100%, I feel that SAM takes away something in the upper frequencies.

Playing vinyl, cd, FLAC files and Tidal Hi-Fi streaming. The 400/K2 combo plays wonderful with everything from acoustic jazz and classical through classic rock to Aphex Twin, but is VERY unforgiving of some 80s recordings I used to enjoy greatly on my old Mcintosh tube amps. The same goes for some modern, heavily compressed recordings. A recent listening example is Stanley Clarke's «School Days», which now sounds almost unbearably bright and harsh. But for most listening, a great, very resolving and highly musical combo with some shocking dynamics.
Garrard 301 Transcription Reference by L'Art du Son / Origin Live Enterprise C with TR modifications / Lyra Etna / Suesskind Rauschfrei phonostage / Marantz SA-15S1 / Mac Mini / Roon / Expert 1000 Pro CI / JBL K2 S9900

Messages In This Thread
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by janomdahl - 11-Aug-2016, 14:46
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by MIKE - 10-Feb-2018, 16:25