Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
(23-Nov-2014, 11:00)PhilP Wrote:
(23-Nov-2014, 07:00)amabrok Wrote:
(22-Nov-2014, 19:42)wwm Wrote: Hi all,
Now have a D250 driving my Wilson Benesch C60's. Not sounding as good as the demo 250 but I'm sure it will improve given time.
Cheers
Bill
My experience with Devialet was the same. All the demo units sounded absolutely awesome from the D120 all the way up to the D800. But when I got my new D200 I was shocked and got to a point of a total scare as it sounded horrible out of the box! The sound was dry, cold and tight and the sound stage was collapsed! But I gave it time to set in and behold! Now it sounds awesome and as good as all the demo units I auditioned at my dealer.

Bottom line is they all need a break in period to sound their best. I also read somewhere that the amount of heat coming out of the unit could be an indicator to the break in process. Initially they run very hot and then gradually they start to operate in the normal temperature range when they set it.

Congratulations wwm, your system will sound superb once the 250 has run-in Smile

My experience with a 200 was the same as amabrok's. Just a suggestion - in the early stages its very difficult to resist the temptation to change things (cables, sources etc) to try to improve the sound but really that's pretty much a waste of time until the 250 has run-in. Better just to leave it playing as much of the time as possible e.g. using iRadio and it will soon come right.

Once it has run-in you can turn the 250 off and on as you like. It doesnt have to be on all the time like a Naim system. When turned on it will take 15 mins or so to come fully back on-song but mine usually doesn't sound too bad immediately its switched on.

Thanks Amabrok and Philip for the kind words of encouragement. Will report back when things improve.
Cheers,
Bill
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by wwm - 23-Nov-2014, 20:19
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by MIKE - 10-Feb-2018, 16:25