Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
(03-Oct-2017, 20:58)user33 Wrote: D200 + Kef Blade 2

Now D400 + Kef Blade 2.

A worthwhile upgrade, but clear diminishing returns.  The first thing that's noticeable as expected is the extra power.  Lower -db setting for the same loudness.  I wouldn't use this as my primary reason for the upgrade unless you listen at very high volumes most of the time.  The second thing I noticed is a little more finesse in rendering of higher frequency instruments at low listening levels.  This I found made the upgrade worth it alone and to me supports the advertised benefits of lower noise/distortion (if that's is the reason).  I did not find much audible difference in the bass department despite each Blade 2 having four 6" woofers and logic suggesting there may be a benefit from extra power.  Maybe this is the case at loud volumes but I prefer to save my hearing for later years.  I didn't find much of a change in the soundstage.  Overall a subtle, but noticeable upgrade.  As this hobby goes, the last few % of improvement are the most expensive...

Note: I only had a D200 for about two weeks before I received the slave unit.  I have maybe 40 hours of total listening time on the D200 and 10 on the D400.  I simply may not have had enough time to spot more differences that others may have noticed or my Blade 2's were already pretty happy.
Od’A #63, Kef Blade 2

Messages In This Thread
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by user33 - 16-Oct-2017, 17:52
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by MIKE - 10-Feb-2018, 16:25