Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
(10-May-2018, 13:44)Lowland Wrote:
(10-May-2018, 03:04)Pim Wrote:
(09-May-2018, 17:58)Lowland Wrote: Since a few days I'm sometimes connecting my old Dynaudio Contour 1.1. 
They sound better than I've ever heard before.

Is that because of the amplification or were you running the Devialet previously on them as well?

The Dynaudios are part of a former rig together with a Linn Klassik (CD, amp, tuner all-in-one). 
I've never heard them with the D200. They were staying in storage. 
Until last week when I was impressed by the sound of some 35 year old Proac monitor speakers. 
It made me curious to try the Dynaudios with the D200 and I was kind of flabbergasted that they could produce this tight, rhythmic, clear sound, with beautiful bass. Without using SAM. 
Good speakers don't have to be that expensive. They're about 1/8 the prize of my Audiovectors. 
Of course the Audiovectors are better, but I had not expected I would enjoy the Dynaudios so much.

The Dynaudios need the extra power the D200 is able to deliver. That's probably why you hadn't heard their potential before. Try a D400 and it gets better again  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by MIKE - 10-Feb-2018, 16:25
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by Pim - 13-May-2018, 03:21