Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
(15-May-2018, 14:27)Lowland Wrote:
(15-May-2018, 07:51)ssfas Wrote:
(13-May-2018, 18:45)Lowland Wrote: Thank you both for your informative replies.
Upgrading to D400 wasn’t on my mind before. Now it tickles my fantasy. 
It would come down to buying a second hand D200. 
The pro is that prizes a .q. The con is that there’s less opportunity to find out how it will sound like drive
I used Contour 1.1 for about 12 years. Very good speaker but quite difficult to drive. I’ve heard the entire new,  range. Quite expensive as lots of the money has gone on the enclosure and baffle. Personally, you’d get much better value sticking with the D200 and going for Harbeth P3 ESR 40th Anniversary and a REL sub, either a used S2 or an S3. The Harbeth are a similar size to the 1.1 and easier to drive.
It didn’t occur to me that Harbeth speakers have a similar sound character as the 1.1. I’ll keep it in mind. 
First I want to find out what’s over from my love for my Audio Vectors. 
At the moment I find their sound a bit too big, rich, broad, lush, bright. Whereas the 1.1’s sound more dry and have a perfect balance of low,mid and high tones. At least to my ears. 
My wife has a far better hearing and can’t understand I’m running the 1.1’s instead of the AV’s.
So far I’ve only compared them with rock music.

Contour 1.1 and P3ESR are very different designs, but both have fabulous proprietary drivers and uncoloured fatigue-free performance.
There are loads of reviews of the P3ESR, it is the best speaker of its type.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/harb...ker-page-2
I had the larger SHL5plus. My dealer suggested I try a REL S2 and it was a good decision. I sold the SHL5plus before my SHL5plus 40th Anniversary arrived, so put the P3ESR in place for a few weeks. Tweaked the sub crossover. My room is about 5m x 6m and I could have lived happily ever after with that.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by MIKE - 10-Feb-2018, 16:25
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by ssfas - 15-May-2018, 18:25