Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
Devialet 220 Pro CI and B&W 804 D3s.

I had auditioned a number of systems in the max. $20,000 budget range for my foray into high fidelity. At some point high SQ becomes consistent with lossless sources and you start dealing with highly subjective nuances and details for which your further hardware choices beyond amp and speakers can have an influence. The number of hardware combinations and permutations and consequent variations on results becomes near infinite, especially if you add DSP settings in Roon. But we're all on this site because we are tinkerers!

I was pleased to see later that Devialet's reference demo combination for the 220 Pro is with the 804 D3s as presented in their NY/SoHo and Rue Réaumur stores. Of course, this is also a marketing choice. I was considering the 804 D2s, the entry level to the turbine head in the Diamond series, but that would then be followed by the 440CI, etc., etc. These are levels too far down the rabbit hole with such diminishing marginal increases in SQ, at least for me. I should instead start focusing on room acoustics for affordable higher-impact improvements.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY

Messages In This Thread
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by MIKE - 10-Feb-2018, 16:25
RE: List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here - by Rocketmannequin - 24-Mar-2019, 14:32