Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darko did not care for the Devialet demo!
When I copy/pasted Srajan's quote, ie; "Whilst I was there they played some robotic techno crap at very high levels. This produced obvious overdrive distortion and very boomy if low bass. It was so primitive an approach and so clearly aimed at the lowest common denominator... " it was specifically related to the painfully offensive volume played and as Srajan specifically noted; the "very high levels/obvious overdrive distortion/boomy if low bass." I can't speak for Srajan but for me and at the demonstration I was attending anything/everything played would been "crap" at that volume in a concrete room with concrete floor and glass walls without so much as an area rug in the same zip code. My question of the demographic Devialet is catering to was rhetorical and related to volume and the flagrant overdriving of the speakers. We complain at finding music slightly flat, bloated, dry, bright or fatiguing but are supposed to embrace music that's downright painful or worse, harmful!?! Bottom line for me is I can tolerate most any music via any speaker at sensible dB's for extended periods. But all "music", if you want to label it thusly becomes "crap" just about the time speakers begin to reproduce something more akin to prop wash. Any speaker, EVERY speaker!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Darko did not care for the Devialet demo! - by Manoet - 23-May-2015, 09:08