Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most irritating issue as of now?
Replying slightly against my better judgement, as I'm not entirely not sure what this thread will achieve except making us feel a bit depressed (sorry Mike...).  But here goes:

What bothers me most is the gap between the marketing hype and the reality.  Devialet's products are certainly innovative and desirable, but they also have their faults.  I for one would find it much easier to "forgive" them for these faults if their marketing wasn't so self-congratulatory and over-the-top.

As others have pointed out, they could also get a lot more of their customers "on side" if they would communicate honestly and openly about what they're doing to resolve some of these problems.  Judging by the members of this forum there is a wealth of technical expertise among their user base that they could use to their advantage if only they would acknowledge that they need (our) help and are not too proud to ask for it.  And that means a two-way process of sharing information.

Just to be clear, I am very pleased with my 400 and don't spend my waking moments agonising about what Devialet are doing wrong.  But it is frustrating that the few technical niggles are amplified by what seems from the outside to be Devialet's generally dismissive and rather condescending approach to their customers.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
Most irritating issue as of now? - by Mikeeo - 27-Jul-2015, 10:23
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by brit - 27-Jul-2015, 17:36
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by thumb5 - 27-Jul-2015, 22:03
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by Ants - 30-Jul-2015, 05:37
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by miro - 30-Jul-2015, 10:45
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by miro - 30-Jul-2015, 12:40
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by miro - 04-Aug-2015, 13:09
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by Pim - 06-Aug-2015, 07:47
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by Pim - 07-Aug-2015, 12:43