Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most irritating issue as of now?
(28-Jul-2015, 19:14)AllenB Wrote: Lack of Spark / Dialogue for the Experts and the Air problems kind of takes away much of the reasoning behind buying my 200. I was looking for a one box solution (well, plus a little Dialogue box). I am getting by on a MacMini / USB hook-up ;-) thus far.

However, I am more keen to get Roon operating with the Dev now, and this could be achieved in time if Air worked properly and reliably. As such, my trigger finger keeps hovering over Aurender web-pages, and these seem a much better bet to adopt RoonSpeaker protocol before Devialet even start to consider it.

I moved away from Naim because of their slowwww software development, and currently Devialet seems to have stalled somewhat on their promises and expectations. I hope it's a blip, and I hope my patience (already run ragged by Naim) does not flounder with Devialet.

Having said this, I am still loving the overall performance of the 200!

I don't think that the Devialet was ever a one box solution. Perhaps in the future if they incorporate Tidal or some such. You music must reside somewhere. I do understand you frustration as Air was heavily promoted. Since I have a Synology NAS, now relegated to backup status, I never considered Air a solution for me. I always used some sort of stand alone renderer and decided to upgrade to Aurender so I am mostly content.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.

Messages In This Thread
Most irritating issue as of now? - by Mikeeo - 27-Jul-2015, 10:23
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by brit - 27-Jul-2015, 17:36
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by rwjr44 - 04-Aug-2015, 15:26
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by Ants - 30-Jul-2015, 05:37
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by miro - 30-Jul-2015, 10:45
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by miro - 30-Jul-2015, 12:40
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by miro - 04-Aug-2015, 13:09
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by Pim - 06-Aug-2015, 07:47
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by Pim - 07-Aug-2015, 12:43
RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - by Pim - 08-Aug-2015, 06:38