Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible new competitor to the 800?
(18-Aug-2015, 22:18)Mikeeo Wrote: It looks like a promising product but with 4800 EUR per phono and dac respectively it will add considerable cost and how good will this add ons be? They better be close to perfect to warrant that cost.

Well the DAC module is based on the Kalliope and has identical specs... the Kalliope costs €23,500 and has had rave reviews. 

Anyway I'm not trying to sell the thing, I just think it's an interesting product. I think we are going to see more of these integrated offerings, for e.g. Aavik U-300, Dartzeel LHC-208 (also sounds interesting and just reviewed in this month's HFN)...

This can surely only be a good thing for Devialet owners since it keeps the pressure on Devialet to continue innovating in the Expert lineSmile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible new competitor to the 800? - by GuillaumeB - 19-Aug-2015, 11:41