Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Flagship Store in Shanghai Closed
(12-Sep-2015, 08:18)krass Wrote:
(11-Sep-2015, 21:18)Floyd67 Wrote: I think the model they have adopted is flawed. It's a luxury low volume purchase. It isn't Apple Store or any other type of FMCG for that matter. I fear they could regret this if they continue to pursue this model. There's a wealth of independent audio shops worldwide that would extend the reach of their products without the colossal overhead of setting up shop. I hope for ours and Devialet's sakes I am proved wrong. The own brand boutique approach, is simply vanity insanity.

very well said.
I do think, however, that their "mini boutique" in Harrods in London is not such a bad idea, since it is a location that attracts many, many people with too much cash and can spin off into extra sales.

love the "vanity insanity" comment  Smile

I agree. 

Apple has 8 core products - Mac, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Watch, TV, iTunes and Apps. And within the first 6 there must be around 100 variations. And on top of the they have loads of accessories.

The sense in opening dedicated Devialet shops with 2 core products and perhaps 7 variants, with nothing costing under £1,000, is at best naive.

Even the mini boutiques in upmarket stores are questionable given the technical complexity which the product embodies.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Flagship Store in Shanghai Closed - by IanG-UK - 14-Sep-2015, 11:00