Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Flagship Store in Shanghai Closed
I am not sure I agree when it comes to updates, software support and so on - at least not seen from an audiophile point of view. I have been in the Audio business since 1987, most of the time working with high-end brand, and I must say that few audio companies support their customer the way Devialet do. Just one example; a resistor broke in the class A stage of my D250. The day after I reprted the problem, I received freight documents, packed the amplifier and shipped it to France. Less than 10 days later the amplifier was returned, delivered to my door.

In comparison: I had a cd-player in the €14000:- price range, manufactured by one of the greater american high-end companies. It broke down within warranty - it took 6 months to get it repaired, partly on my expense because the model were discontinued.

Another example: one american high-end company sold a cd/sacd-player in the €13000:- range, which was said to be upgradeable to a future multiformat player without any problems. When the multiformat player were released, it was impossible to upgrade the existing cd/sacd-player. Customers who bought the cd/sacd-player was told by the manufacturer to sell the unit on the used market and buy the new one - no discounts, no apologies - nothing!

A UK based company started manufacturing music streaming devices - the software was so bad it was almost impossible to use the product. In the end they had to shut down.

This is only a couple of examples on why I believe that Devialet is doing a pretty good job in comparison. Yes, they could test their softwares a little more before release from time to time. But over all I have experienced many companies doing much worse - and few handling support in a better way. But that is from my experience...

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden

Messages In This Thread
Devialet Flagship Store in Shanghai Closed - by BjornWiman - 14-Sep-2015, 14:59