Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Flagship Store in Shanghai Closed
OK I'll bite - if you use a protocol that requires other peoples software to remain the same, and with AIR you are relying on MS and Apple to keep the playing field level and the goalposts in the same location, then you are probably going to need a programming staff the same size as those 2 companies. Devialet are unable to supply this I would imagine.

Their mistake may have been the touting of AIR as the universal panacea but when you can have a perfectly working system one day and a completely broken one the next day due to an update that you nor anyone else knew about in advance it is not going to work reliably.

It is not going to be simple to fix this in exactly the same way that providing the super iPad app that shows everything you can see on the display on the Devialet is not going to be easy nor quickly available. Perhaps we should cut them a little slack and if you are that unhappy with your Devialet send it back and buy nice big black box by any other HiFi company with zero upgradability.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Flagship Store in Shanghai Closed - by NickB - 14-Sep-2015, 17:29