Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Resolution....anyway to improve...?
(19-Nov-2015, 14:01)fgueho Wrote: As I said Previously, you have to look at the big picture.
The phantoms are not ALL about the sound.
I believe it is not the greatest sound in the world. And why should they be?

BUT :
- it's a small speaker
- it's a lovely designed speaker
- my wife like small and lovely thing that you can't see in the living room
- the sound is more than okay

So it's the BEST compromise you can have.
It's just a bit expensive...

You've absolutely hit the nail on the head there in my opinion.  The sound from the Phantom's is as good if not better in certain areas than any 'traditional hifi' I've ever owned.  Could they be improved? - yes of course, but as an overall package it's pretty killer.

My overall concern if the cost - when I look over the room and see £3.1k say there I do feel a bit guilty.  Yes the racks, boxes and cables are gone but at quite a cost.

I'm going to be ordering 2x Sonos Play 5's when they're released next week and the Sonos Sub.  It won't be better than the Phantoms, I know that already from other Sonos kit I have in the house.  The question is how close does it come for the cost of 1 Phantom without a Dialog?

Oh yes and I don't like the Dialog much at all, if the kids touched it they'd burn their fingers it gets so bloody hot and in my opinion if you need a box to make Phantoms work in stereo, Devialet should include it FOC when you buy your second Phantom.  It felt like a kick in the nuts paying more for the second Phantom than the first as I also needed a Dialog.  Lastly it doesn't help that Spark is so poor that the stereo link is all I use the Dialog for and a Sonos connect picks up the heavy lifting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Resolution....anyway to improve...? - by BowlOfPetunias - 22-Nov-2015, 12:43