Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
"Tried to configure so that I could use the Trigger cable but to my amazement, I just couldn't get any of the inputs on the Companion enabled. I did enable the setting (see attachment) but in spite, the inputs are all Gray ... "

Have you tried clicking the input icons on the Companion? From your configuration you do have everything set up correctly to share inputs from the companion, you just need to enable the inputs you wish to share by clicking on them.

Also if you move to using the RCA-XLR connection method you will not be able to share inputs from the Companion.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(10-Sep-2016, 17:33)baddog Wrote: "Tried to configure so that I could use the Trigger cable but to my amazement, I just couldn't get any of the inputs on the Companion enabled. I did enable the setting (see attachment) but in spite, the inputs are all Gray ... "

Have you tried clicking the input icons on the Companion? From your configuration you do have everything set up correctly to share inputs from the companion, you just need to enable the inputs you wish to share by clicking on them.

Also if you move to using the RCA-XLR connection method you will not be able to share inputs from the Companion.

Appreciate your quick response. 

1. Yes, I tried & again-tried to < click > on any of the inputs marked there (all Gray) but not a single one of them could be enabled. Wonder what I may be doing wrong ?

2. Indeed - I understand that once I make my move from digital link RCA-RCA to RCA-XLR, trigger is not possible.

Any ideas on the CORRECT cable impedance ?

Thanks again ... 
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Correct Cable impedance. I personally don't believe choosing one or the other will make a huge difference. As I noted I use 110 Ohm, and am very pleased with the sound, I never tried 75 Ohm. I suspect more people here use 75 Ohm than 110 Ohm, but I don't believe anyone has done a poll.

Devialet at one point recommended 110 Ohm. However their diagram on how to make the cable is "Ohm neutral"....

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...-by-myself

I tried configuring the Companion with and without sharing the Companions inputs. The only difference in my configuration from yours is I am not using the trigger cable.

My configuration does allow one to toggle inputs on/off with the Companion. Perhaps try configuring yours without the trigger input and see what happens.

Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(10-Sep-2016, 17:59)baddog Wrote: Correct Cable impedance. I personally don't believe choosing one or the other will make a huge difference. As I noted I use 110 Ohm, and am very pleased with the sound, I never tried 75 Ohm. I suspect more people here use 75 Ohm than 110 Ohm, but I don't believe anyone has done a poll.

Devialet at one point recommended 110 Ohm. However their diagram on how to make the cable is "Ohm neutral"....

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...-by-myself

I tried configuring the Companion with and without sharing the Companions inputs. The only difference in my configuration from yours is I am not using the trigger cable.

My configuration does allow one to toggle inputs on/off with the Companion. Perhaps try configuring yours without the trigger input and see what happens.

Here's my 2nd attempt at the Trigger thing ... still the same issues ...

[img][Image: config.jpg][/img]

Devialet (for reasons only known to 'em) made a mess with the digital link thats a vital important part of the monoblock arrangement. I did a batch of listening tests on RCA-RCA vs. RCA-XLR using a simple Neutrik RCA-to-XLR adapter & the XLR arrangement wins to my ears. No doubt, I'll be soon settling for this arrangement & to my engineering mind, 110 ohms cable sounds correct. 

oouuchh!!  still wonder if Devialet engineers jus' had too much wine whilst doing the digital link ... i mean how the $hit cud they mess this up ... 
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Try clicking in the areas I highlighted in GREEN - not on the drop down arrows that you circled in RED.

SXSW, US
On the bottom RCA connector, choose settings, uncheck the "share sources from companion" make sure the AES/EBU is live. You should now get what you need!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I believe he is trying to enable sharing inputs on the Companion while using the standard RCA-RCA connection. ( which obviously cannot be done once he replaces with the RCA/XLR connection )

And looking into what type of RCA/XLR cable he should get, 75 Ohm or 110 Ohm.
SXSW, US
(10-Sep-2016, 20:51)baddog Wrote: I believe he is trying to enable sharing inputs on the Companion while using the standard RCA-RCA connection. ( which obviously cannot be done once he replaces with the RCA/XLR connection )

OK, then tick the "share sources from companion" circle, then you can click on the RCAs to enable them, but you must then connect the trigger cable. I use a 110 ohm RCA/XLRcable, but you can use 75 ohm like the Crystal one supplied.

Edit: even if you connect by RCA to AES/EBU, you can still use the two RCA outputs on the companion next to the AES/EBU socket.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(10-Sep-2016, 19:57)baddog Wrote: Try clicking in the areas I highlighted in GREEN - not on the drop down arrows that you circled in RED.

You are my man ... the "green" areas did the trick !!  

gosh !! I luv the guys on this Forum ...   Blush
(10-Sep-2016, 21:18)Axel Wrote:
(10-Sep-2016, 20:51)baddog Wrote: I believe he is trying to enable sharing inputs on the Companion while using the standard RCA-RCA connection. ( which obviously cannot be done once he replaces with the RCA/XLR connection )

OK, then tick the "share sources from companion" circle, then you can click on the RCAs to enable them, but you must then connect the trigger cable. I use a 110 ohm RCA/XLRcable, but you can use 75 ohm like the Crystal one supplied.

Edit: even if you connect by RCA to AES/EBU, you can still use the two RCA  outputs on the companion next to the AES/EBU socket.

Thanks for your inputs on the 75 Ohms OR 110 Ohms cable ... 

I'll get a 110 Ohms cable and wire it for RCA-to-XLR ..  Smile