Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(26-Mar-2016, 14:33)deviousalet Wrote: The trigger cable is a standard 3.5mm on both ends. My D400 came with an unbranded white 31"/78cm-long trigger cable. I hear D900 owners get an AudioQuest Sydney trigger cable with their Original d'Atelier so I'm sure other standard 3.5mm cables work.

Connected the trigger cable to the lower trigger port of the master (labeled TRIGGER IN/OUT) and upper trigger port of the slave unit (labeled RS-232/OPTICAL 2).

In the Configurator, configure the Chaining connection between master and slave to "Share sources from Companion" and enable at least one input on the slave (I enabled the digital input).

In the attached picture I've highlight the applicable portions of the Configuration screen as I've configured it.

As I said before if you use RCA to XLR as connection between master and slave you can not use this trigger cable as it is only usable if one selects chaning of inputs on the slave and if that is selected the option for XLR input on the slave is only available as a extern input not from the master.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by octaviars - 26-Mar-2016, 15:23
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01