Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
OK, so I have my new RCA/XLR cable to hooked up the companion and have set my configuration for pre-outs (both RCAs left of the XLR input on the Companion (they don't work as intended but I'll sort that out in time...).

DPM is "on" in the general settings - not sure how that may factor in...

Also have the trigger cable set and it works - can turn on/off both units at the same time via remote.

Having not used the system for well over a week prior to firing it up my 200 was stone cold but the Companion's top was quite warm to the touch. It was not in standby (dimmed display) - it was off for sure.
Is this normal given I've tried to replicate the signal chain and trigger set up throughout this thread?

Operating temps after an hour running 4ohm speakers not hard at -18dB are:

200 - A=39, D=34, S=40
Comp - A=44, D=43, S= 48

I was hoping that my current hook up configuration would bring about cooler temps on the Companion.

BTW - other than being able to use the two RCA inputs located left of the XLR on the Companion ( as preouts mentioned above that don't work) I cannot access any other inputs (USB/Ethernet, Optical #1, Line 1/2) on the Companion - they all show as off/dark/unavailable. I believe I've read that others have access to more than just the 2 I am acquiring access to - what am I doing wrong?

TIA
Ron
Oppo 95 >> HDMI >> Kanex De-embedder >> Digital Coax >> Dev 400 >> Bryston Middle T

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by Ron D - 17-May-2016, 21:06
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01