Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(18-May-2016, 04:00)Ron D Wrote: I'll leave the rca/xlr in place for the distant future I have no need to access the extra inputs on the Companion. I was just trying to discern all available options to reduce the operating temperature of the Companion.

I may however decide to pull the plug from the wall to negate the warmer than expected "when completely off" internal temperature of the Companion. Its a little disconcerting that its that warm despite being turned off.

Ron D, are you using the RCA/XLR cable as your Master-Companion link because it sounds better than RCA/RCA or for other reasons?

As to the temperature, Devialet doesn't provide an "off" state even though they call it that they still leave a lot powered (and thus wasting power as heat) in what they call "off". If you get annoyed unplugging your Devialet every night please join me in asking Devialet for a true off state (ask them directly). Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by deviousalet - 18-May-2016, 14:49
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01