Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(10-Sep-2016, 17:59)baddog Wrote: Correct Cable impedance. I personally don't believe choosing one or the other will make a huge difference. As I noted I use 110 Ohm, and am very pleased with the sound, I never tried 75 Ohm. I suspect more people here use 75 Ohm than 110 Ohm, but I don't believe anyone has done a poll.

Devialet at one point recommended 110 Ohm. However their diagram on how to make the cable is "Ohm neutral"....

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...-by-myself

I tried configuring the Companion with and without sharing the Companions inputs. The only difference in my configuration from yours is I am not using the trigger cable.

My configuration does allow one to toggle inputs on/off with the Companion. Perhaps try configuring yours without the trigger input and see what happens.

Here's my 2nd attempt at the Trigger thing ... still the same issues ...

[img][Image: config.jpg][/img]

Devialet (for reasons only known to 'em) made a mess with the digital link thats a vital important part of the monoblock arrangement. I did a batch of listening tests on RCA-RCA vs. RCA-XLR using a simple Neutrik RCA-to-XLR adapter & the XLR arrangement wins to my ears. No doubt, I'll be soon settling for this arrangement & to my engineering mind, 110 ohms cable sounds correct. 

oouuchh!!  still wonder if Devialet engineers jus' had too much wine whilst doing the digital link ... i mean how the $hit cud they mess this up ... 
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by audio_engr - 10-Sep-2016, 18:19
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01