Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(10-Sep-2016, 21:18)Axel Wrote:
(10-Sep-2016, 20:51)baddog Wrote: I believe he is trying to enable sharing inputs on the Companion while using the standard RCA-RCA connection. ( which obviously cannot be done once he replaces with the RCA/XLR connection )

And looking into what type of RCA/XLR cable he should get, 75 Ohm or 110 Ohm.

OK, then tick the "share sources from companion" circle, then you can click on the RCAs to enable them, but you must then connect the trigger cable. I use a 110 ohm RCA/XLRcable, but you can use 75 ohm like the Crystal one supplied.

Edit: even if you connect by RCA to AES/EBU, you can still use the two RCA  outputs on the companion next to the AES/EBU socket.

Thanks for your inputs on the 75 Ohms OR 110 Ohms cable ... 

I'll get a 110 Ohms cable and wire it for RCA-to-XLR ..  Smile
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by audio_engr - 11-Sep-2016, 14:59
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01