Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(04-Aug-2017, 01:54)PeppaPig Wrote:
(04-Aug-2017, 01:27)deviousalet Wrote: Both Devialet Technical Support and reality contradict that. Devialet Technical Support has confirmed for both the Expert and Expert Pro that using the trigger cables uses less power and lowers the temperature a bit, less with the Pro than the earlier amps. I assume that the temperature difference comes from the decreased power, which I assume comes from more efficient communication between the amps. I'm no technical expert though, so feel free to explain the other factors. I just confirm that it works and Devialet confirms that too.

Devialet technical document did not confirm that. If so please show a URL of their official document. Unofficial email conversation does not count.

ONLY official technical specification or user manual counts, conversation between customer support team does not count and could be misleading very often. I am an engineer and I work with the support team in my company, so I know they sometimes mislead customers. So I only suggest people refer to official technical specification or user manual, every else should not be considered.

I might be tempted to agree with some of this, but one problem with Devialet is that their own technical documentation lacks detail and does not cover all aspects of operation.  (or to be less polite, most of it is useless rubbish) As for use of the Master Companion link 'mini-jack', I do not think the official Devialet documentation says anything about it at all, beyond that you need it if you want to use the inputs on the companion.  As far as temperatures are concerned, I suspect nobody will be able to 'post a URL' to a Devialet document prove or disprove the point one way or the other.

From my own personal experience I have had some excellent responses from Devialet support, and indeed some responses that were clearly completely wrong or utter nonsense, so yes, a bit hit and miss.

I have also had issues in the past where the official Devailet documentation was of no help at all and Devialet support failed to provide any useful information.  However, the good people of this forum could help and solve the issue.  There are no real 'black and white' absolutes here, all I would say is that if something is correct, it counts.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by Confused - 04-Aug-2017, 13:24
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01