Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(26-Mar-2020, 07:41)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: I just receive Devialet confirmation for stand by / power off behavior:

"The use of trigger cable affects companion temperature in standby and power off modes; does not affect the master temperature:
  • Without trigger cable, companion is substantially hotter than master.
  • With trigger cable, companion has the same temperature as master.

This is the expected behavior indeed.
The trigger cable allow for deeper sleep mode of the companion (on top of allowing for the use of its inputs)"

Wow, that is really interesting information.  I'll give it a try soon.   Given this, why would you not always just use a trigger cable?

I'm amazed that after owning my 440 Pro for over 3 years, this is the first time I've heard the lower Companion temperature issue acknowledged by Devialet (although it has been brought up many times before).   I truly do not understand why Devialet doesn't share information like this.  It would be great fodder for that Newsletter they've promised for ages but never delivered.

And, regarding the issues with the online Configurator... has Devialet acknowledged this?  Have they hinted at getting it resolved?    I've also experienced these problems and have found myself tip-toeing through all config changes hoping it'll work.  I do start with a new config, but invariably I'll forget one setting or another.  Sometimes going back in to add/update a setting works.  But often, it fails such that I have to start all over again.   I have a feeling it is all about what order settings are changed but damned if I know what it is.   There must be a better way.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by mdconnelly - 26-Mar-2020, 21:18
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01