Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
OK, I've read the entire thread, and figured it might be nice to digest our collective wisdom for others so they don't have to read the whole thing. Near as I can tell, here's where we are: 

1. Devialet has now confirmed that use of the trigger cable, if properly set up in the Configurator, will result in the Companion running cooler

2. The difference is a few watts and a few degrees C when Companion is in standby or "off" (do we have consensus about when "on"?)

3. The use of the trigger cable makes very little or no impact on sound quality

4. Getting the Configurator to do this can be tricky, see instructions from daniel.avasilichioaei in post #94. You need to enable at least one input on the slave unit to activate the trigger function. The cable goes between “Trig” on the master, and “Optical” on the slave/companion, NOT trig to trig.

5. If you connect your units via RCA-to-AES, then you can't activate the trigger cable in Configurator, so none of this applies to you. 

Did I get it right?
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.

Messages In This Thread
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01