Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(28-Mar-2020, 22:11)deviousalet Wrote: The temperatures bounce around a bit. Maybe I should leave them on for a while to stabilize, but here's what I saw quickly switching configurations from a cold start:

Triggered: Master 22/20/28, Slave 21/19/27
no trigger: Master    22/21/29, Slave 23/21/29

So you can see that, on my 1000, the trigger reduces the temperature of both master and slave.

You must wait for a pretty long time, in order both units to reach room temperature. A few hours are enough.
I made the test leaving the units in stand by all night long, and I checked temperature in the morning.
You don't need to measure the temperature: the difference is so big that you feel it with your hand (on the bottom side of amplifier).

I'm sure that trigger cable is doing the job on all dual mono models. It is just "better" then RCA-RCA for sending commands to companion. I don't know if this is a hardware limitation, or it is a software limitation (it can be implemented also for RCA-RCA cable, but it isn't implemented at this moment).

Messages In This Thread
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by daniel.avasilichioaei - 28-Mar-2020, 22:33