Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
Untriggered, my 1000 uses 26W in sleep (screen off), 29W in standby (screen dim), and 53-55W (input dependent) when idle (screen bright).
Triggered, my 1000 uses 17W in sleep, 18W in standby, and 53-55W when idle: a power savings of 38% in standby!

Untriggered, my 440 used 23W in sleep, 29W in standby, and 53-55W idle.
Untriggered, my 400 used 28W in sleep, 33W in standby, and 54-55W idle.
All were measured with networking on (app enabled), using a Kill-A-Watt meter. The 1000 and 440 had the same firmware, the 400 was different.

For comparison, my 810W receiver (Pioneer SC-LX801) uses 75W when active (making Devialet look good) but <0.2W in standby (making Devialet look ridiculously bad).

I was happy when Devialet improved power use with newer firmware. I hope they can do so again. To me they have a ridiculous waste of energy when "off". I wish that Devialet would power down their Class-A amp or whatever is using energy when doing nothing, but until they catch up to modern electronics design I just turn off my power distributor to get a 0W off state for my entire system. For those without that option, or preference, the trigger seems an improvement.

I hear no difference between triggered and not, so the energy savings comes at no cost to me.

I do hear differences between interlink cables, which are detailed in my system thread (linked from my sig), posts #15, #16, and #26. In summary, the RCA-RCA connection now sounds more focused, precise, and present than the RCA-XLR connection.

Messages In This Thread
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by deviousalet - 01-Apr-2020, 14:37