Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
Team,

I am getting a bit desperate with this... :-) I am trying to get the config with the trigger cable to work, but the problem I am facing is that the companion unit does not play any music in the speaker it's supposed to drive due to it not waking from sleep.

I did follow the exact procedure described above, or at least I think I did.

Here is the condition I am in:
- when in standby mode, the screen of both units display Devialet 1000 Pro, so it looks like both the master and the companion are aware they are part of a dual mono setup
- The config file of the companion contains the right strings ("TRIG_IN_MODE": "DAISY_CHAIN_SLAVE" and "SPDIF_CTRL": "OFF") so it looks like it was generated correctly
- When I turn on the master (by directly touching the button of the master unit), the Master unit goes through the normal start up cycle until is shows -40, but nothing happens on companion, it remains in standby mode
- If I then play some music from Roon, it only plays through the speaker connected to the Master. This makes sense since the companion is still asleep
- If I try to wake up the companion from sleep by touching its button it goes to the info mode and shows "Export Pro 1000, Companion mode on, Input RS232, Link Status None, SN..., HW 6.2, SW 13.1.3, Software IHM 13.1.3, BL 7.4, PSU 6.4, BL 2.9, DSPM 8.4, OSCA 0.20, BL 3.1, FPGA 6.9, ADHL 4.1, BL 3.0, ADHR 4.1, BL 3.0, I2S 3.10, BL 3.0, DSPO 1.1, USB 1.2, Remote Control from Daisy Chain in Companion mode, WIFI OFF, ETHERNET OFF, Analog stage Adbanced stage stereo output installed, Custom Config 0x AES/EBU IN, 2x S/PDIF (I did activate a second Digital RCA port on the companion beside the one used in RCA-RCA link to the master), 0x Optical IN, 0x Line IN, 0x Phono IN, 0x Streaming IN, 0x USB IN, 0x Generator, 1x S/PDIF OUT (not sure why), Customer Config Companion mode R, 1x 1000w - 6 Ohm, Link RS232, ..., Last Fault None, and then back again...

Other information:
- I have connected the Master and Slave with an RCA-RCA digital cable (Chord Sarum T, not that it matters)
- I connected the Trigger cable from the Trigger port of the master to the RS232 port of the companion
- I have reinstalled the latest firmware/OS package on both units today to ensure they are in synch
- I am able to play music without issue with a simple Dual Mono configuration if I don't activate an input on the companion/don't connect them with the trigger cable
- If I turn off my master with 2 long presses, I am able to turn it back on with one long press
- If I turn off my companion with 2 long presses, I am NOT able to turn it back on with one long press. I need to disconnect power cable and to connect it back to be able to restart the companion unit. It then shows S1 Config and then moves to the standby screen showing 1000 Pro. If I touch the button then it shows the "debug info" I have listed above.
- Even if I disconnect the trigger cable from the companion, it still doesn't wake from sleep with a press on the button unless I remove and reconnect the power cable
- If I remove the SD card from the companion, turn if off by 2 long presses. I am then able to turn it on by pressing on the button as it should. It then behaves as a regular 250 Pro as expected.

Help... any idea?

The only thing I can come up with is a broken Trigger cable that would prevent the Master from waking up the companion... I have ordered another one to rule this out. Other could be defective Trigger port on the master or RS232 port on the companion?

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by bernardl - 10-May-2020, 13:25