Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
Thanks a lot Daniel and Thumb5.

- Yes, the cable was connected to the right ports as indicated in the configurator (Trigger port on Master and RS232 on companion)
- I reinstalled the latest firnware/dos package from my Devialet page on both units before doing these tests so I think Dos release is the latest but I’ll double check that
- I was not aware about the existance of mono and stero cables and odds are that mine is a mono. It’s an old cable I found in my stock with no visible markings nor quality other than having 3.5mm connectors on both ends. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

I’ll retest all this with the new trigger cable I have ordered since I have the feeling that this is most probably the problem. It should hopefully arrive today or tomorrow.

Thanks again for helping me debug this.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by bernardl - 10-May-2020, 22:35