Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(12-Jun-2020, 19:55)Freddie77 Wrote: Hi everyone,
I don't know if this post should be on this thread, but it is very related to the discussion and I am having problems to the point I can't almost use my 440 CI

I have a 440 configuration that has been working fine for over a year, but all of the sudden in the last 2 days it has started failing to play one channel, which is connected to the companion amp. Sound started failing on the right channel, but originally it wasn't quite noticeable, it sounded like a bad recording; but today it has been more frequent and can't get to play any music properly. I thought it was a faulty connection and checked all cables and unplugged and back on and nothing changed. I tried turning on without the sd cards and they start as 220 CI and show no faults when checking them. My connections for the 440 configuration are the same as have been shown here, so it is very difficult to know what is going on.

After checking both units without cards, the companion and older amp showed the latest firmware, but the DOS was 2.2.2, the master had DOS 2.2.4; I did a firmware update and also tried a whole new configuration, but this time the master starts as 440 and the companion as 220, the screens show no RSS32 link between them, but the configuration files of the companion show that they are correct as in the posts of this thread. I have tried a new configuration at least 6 times and it stays behaving the same way. When I tried the same configuration I have been using the fault is increasing and when cycling through the screens the companion turns itself off and shows 440 on the screen.
I have also noticed in the first screen of both units, right under the DOS version that they show different versions of BK, the master shows BK1 and the companion shows BK0. Before the fault and updating DOS in the companion it used to show BK1 as the master unit. Another thing I noticed is the the BK1 sign or letters on the master are flickering, also the ethernet connection shows as intermittent and can't get the phone app to control the amp.
If any one could help me to figure out what this problem I'd appreciate a lot.

Did you try a new configuration from scratch?
Have a look here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method

Hope you get to the bottom of it.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by Axel - 13-Jun-2020, 08:32