Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(20-Jun-2020, 00:27)bernardl Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 22:50)bernardl Wrote: I have another interesting case... I having been facing annoying drop outs through Roon wired ethernet that let me to wonder whether there isn’t an issue with the ethernet port of my master.

I decide to switch master and slave by:
- turning everything down
- switching input cables
- inversing the Rca-rca digital link direction
- connecting trigger cable to correct ports
- switching SD cards
- removing and reconnecting power cables on both units

As a result:
- both units display Devialet 1000
- But... the companion doesn’t wake up...

The only hypothesis so far is that one of the trigger/optical ports I am now using after switching the units has an issue...

Any other idea?

Cheers,
Bernard

Still ko, I had to remove the trigger cable to make the amp work.

Any bright idea? ?

thank you.

cheers,
bernard
A few years back, I had a problem similar to yours, where my companion wouldn’t wake up. I was completely dumbfounded when I discovered that the config file on the SD card in my companion had become corrupted. I thought that maybe a stray magnetic field could be to blame, but that was just a guess. There was nothing wrong with the SD card itself as I reloaded the config file onto it and it worked perfectly.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by Axel - 20-Jun-2020, 08:37