Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote control, surface / handling
(19-May-2016, 10:52)nicoludio Wrote: I wish that the D120/D200/D400 remotes would have the same smooth feel as the D250/D800 remotes but there has to be a more premium feel for those who paid more Smile

Also, having some sort of volume /visual display would be great - hence some preference for the iOS remote.  I understand they may have tried to implement this but to the detriment of battery life.

I've never tried the 250 remote, so good to know, I'll make sure I don't so I don't know what I'm missing.....Smile

If they really wanted to do it, I don't think the screen would be a technical challenge today, even battery-wise. Think Amazon kindle, and the size of the screen it would need and the size of the remote unit to fit a decent battery.... Plus there are plenty of Devialet users that have been happy to restart their AIR application every few hours for continued service over the past couple of years, I imagine the die-hards would have been pretty open to re-charging their remote every couple of months for the sake of a screen. It didn't even need to be fancy and fully featured - it could have been a simple LCD just for numeric feedback and mode selection- I had a casio watch for years back in the day, and the battery lasted an awfully long time... Thankfully I can now see the display on the wall mount, but prior to that I'd often find I got out of sequence using guesswork and set balance or SAM instead of bass/treble....

(19-May-2016, 11:00)hk6230 Wrote: I have mine wrapped in a super-absorbent cloth which I use it to clean any fingerprint immediately. After 1 year of usage, it is still in a very perfect condition.

Wow, that's dedication! Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Remote control, surface / handling - by yanc - 18-May-2016, 10:56
RE: Remote control, surface / handling - by Hifi_swlon - 19-May-2016, 11:16