Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Original d'Atelier register
(29-Jan-2018, 12:22)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(28-Jan-2018, 16:21)Jerry Seh Wrote: Pray the pair will come back upgraded and also the units cleaned/re-plated off the tarnish on the covers & remote.

Mine (well no longer mine now) returned in mint condition. Certainly a lot better that when they left. 

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Why did you move on from the O'dA? Not good as compared to the Absolare? I am also thinking of moving on ... but the thought of huge losses prevented me from doing such a move plus I really had very little time and association with the O'dA - long enough to say "lets part ways". I'm definitely going to dedicate 2018 to them, before making a decision to move on with an entire new combo, if I may pass the "WAT - Wife Approval test".
Would love to read about your decision, if you can to share. No obligations.

Best Regards,

Jerry Seh
System: TW Acustics Raven GT se, Raven 10.5, Miyajima Zero, Ortofon RSG309, Ortofon SPU A95 Anniversary, ModWright Oppo UDP205, Roon Nucleus+, Devialet OdA #77, Magnum Dynlab MD90T SE, Audience Au24 SX cables, Wilson Alexia.

Vintage Turntables: Thorens TD160 Super, SME M2-9, Ortofon 2M Mono SE & Thorens TD147 Jubilee, Ortofon 2M Black
TV Companion: Stereo Phantom Gold
(28-Jan-2018, 16:21)Jerry Seh Wrote:
(26-Jul-2017, 04:59)Jerry Seh Wrote: I have Od'A #77 - Singapore.

Understand the "free upgrade"has been pushed back and is now in Sep/Oct period.

Latest: 

After some 3 weeks of "to and fro" response, finally had my units shipped back to Deviatet for the O'dA upgrade on Jan 25th. Well, funny thing is local dealer shipped using the 1000 box and not the wooden crate the OdA comes with. Another funny thing is the units have a reported value of only 2k Euro. Whatever that means, I just hope if my pair are damaged, I am not insured for this paltry sum.

Pray the pair will come back upgraded and also the units cleaned/re-plated off the tarnish on the covers & remote.

Hi Jerry

I did not get local dealer involved as it is easier to have the DHL picking my OdA up directly from my home. I shipped with the box Devialet sent me from France. I spoke with the Asian version of Judith from HK, he assured me that the OdA is fully insured despite the EUR 2K value meant for the custom.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Just wanted to let the forum know I’m the new owner of Guillaume’s Od’A 63. Fantastic unit and an excellent guy to transact with. Upgraded from a D400.
Od’A #63, Kef Blade 2
(10-Mar-2018, 14:37)user33 Wrote: Just wanted to let the forum know I’m the new owner of Guillaume’s Od’A 63.  Fantastic unit and an excellent guy to transact with.  Upgraded from a D400.

Congratulations on owning the Od'A. It's a very special amplifier! I wish I could afford one...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Mar-2018, 14:37)user33 Wrote: Just wanted to let the forum know I’m the new owner of Guillaume’s Od’A 63.  Fantastic unit and an excellent guy to transact with.  Upgraded from a D400.

O'dA powered KEF Blades?  What very fine taste you have sir!  I would imagine that is a mighty fine sounding system, I am almost jealous. A kind of audio en tant cordial.  Maybe you need to change your username to user63?

Enjoy! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(10-Mar-2018, 16:56)Confused Wrote: Maybe you need to change your username to user63?

Yes!!  Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
8 months passed and I'm still loving the upgraded O'dAs. Tried as I could to part ways but 2 things keep cropping up. The financial loss but more importantly, the performance is STILL so good. Especially the way it makes music with the Alexia's (keeping them as its the Dave Wilson's legacy).

The O'dA are About the only amps I think I would regret if I sold them. Its really good and making music .... so far! just sharing my sentiment and love for these amps. Cheers!
System: TW Acustics Raven GT se, Raven 10.5, Miyajima Zero, Ortofon RSG309, Ortofon SPU A95 Anniversary, ModWright Oppo UDP205, Roon Nucleus+, Devialet OdA #77, Magnum Dynlab MD90T SE, Audience Au24 SX cables, Wilson Alexia.

Vintage Turntables: Thorens TD160 Super, SME M2-9, Ortofon 2M Mono SE & Thorens TD147 Jubilee, Ortofon 2M Black
TV Companion: Stereo Phantom Gold
I have no intention of ever replacing mine unless they break down in a way they can not be repaired.
They do everything I want. If there is an update which adds something then fine, but if there is never another that is fine for me too.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

How long need to change the batteries for Remote? What kind of the battery?
Antipodes DX Gen3 > Od'A #38 > Magnepan 1.7i
Antipodes DX Gen3>MC-3+ Smart Clock USB >Od'A #38 > Magnepan 1.7i
(23-Jan-2019, 10:38)raykkc Wrote: How long need to change the batteries for Remote? What kind of the battery?

When the remote starts to act erratically or suddenly the volume goes up, it's time to replace the batteries. It should only happen once every two years or so.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.