Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Phantom's Toslink is not ready for live musical instruments
(01-Jul-2016, 06:28)Waldstorch Wrote:
(30-Jun-2016, 23:32)Geo Wrote: I'd probably agree with you IF the Phantom's latency was common knowledge.
However, this is unfortunately not the case. Plus it does not help that Phantom's whitepaper speaks about zero latency in the context of SAM.

What explains the latency via toslink anyway ?

P.S. Device-triggered audio source is no problem. My computer's connected via Bluetooth to Phantom, no (noticeable) delay even when watching Netflix.
I still don't understand the different experience of different users. My Phantoms connected to my Sony  tv via toslink show a huge latency

Strange if there is different latency on different inputs. Using DSP to correct a loudspeaker will always introduce latency. It will be impossible to correct the time domain of a loudspeaker without affecting ...time... as you can only delay the parts of the frequency range that plays too early.  If Bluetooth has less delay than Toslink it means there is less correction and different sound  than via Toslink. Bluetooth transfer is lossy anyway so maybe Devialet is thinking it does not matter as much.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom's Toslink is not ready for musical instruments - by ogs - 01-Jul-2016, 07:26