Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New speakers SAM ready
Just seen that 2 new speakers have been added to the configurator: the Focal Diablo Utopia 3 and the Focal Aria 926.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(01-Jun-2014, 07:49)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just seen that 2 new speakers have been added to the configurator: the Focal Diablo Utopia 3 (...)
May I mention: 67 votes only Dodgy
(01-Jun-2014, 07:49)GuillaumeB Wrote: (...) and the Focal Aria 926.
And how many Devialet owners might use this speaker Undecided

Crazy voting stuff Tongue
They probably start with models that are easy for them to get their hands on as they have to measure a physical example. I have no problem with them starting with models that have fewer votes, the entire voting process is a complete joke anyway.
LET'S BE HONEST. SAM is a great marketing tool. Devialet choose what They want. Some high-end stuff (Wilson, Magico, B&W 802D), some French promo stuff (Focal, Athom), some quite cheap stuff with good reviews (Kef LS50, Sonus Faber Venere 2.5).
I don't blame Them, They want to make money... this is not a charity firm...
But I agree that the entire voting process is a complete joke.
I think the voting idea is a good one but it's far too open to abuse.
Manufacturers would be pushing for their speakers to be SAM-ified too so there's several interested parties, and I can see disgruntled voters seeing less-voted speakers getting SAM-ified before theirs.
The latest climber in the charts is the Totem Element Metal -- from nowhere to 318 votes in a day.
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(02-Jun-2014, 16:53)moreno1973 Wrote: LET'S BE HONEST. SAM is a great marketing tool. Devialet choose what They want. Some high-end stuff (Wilson, Magico, B&W 802D), some French promo stuff (Focal, Athom), some quite cheap stuff with good reviews (Kef LS50, Sonus Faber Venere 2.5).
I don't blame Them, They want to make money... this is not a charity firm...
But I agree that the entire voting process is a complete joke.

+1
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
B&W CM10 is now showing as SAM-ready in Vote for Sam, although not in configurator yet...

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Apertura Edena now showing up in Configurator! Odd - it's not listed as Sam ready in the Vote for Sam page. In fact it has 2 votes!!

Guillaume

UK
(03-Jun-2014, 12:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: B&W CM10 is now showing as SAM-ready in Vote for Sam, although not in configurator yet...

Guillaume

Update: It's now showing up in the configurator. Local dealer has a pair in their studio, they're going to download new config files and I'm heading over there later today to have a listen. Will report back! Smile

Guillaume

UK