Poll: What is the one 'must have' feature that you would like the streamer board to feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Roon RAAT compatible
43.80%
60 43.80%
UPnP
5.11%
7 5.11%
HQPlayer compatibility
0.73%
1 0.73%
Spotify connect
2.19%
3 2.19%
Apple compatibility, iTunes / Airplay
2.92%
4 2.92%
Self-hosted configuration mechanism to allow changes to the Devialet's configuration on the fly
5.84%
8 5.84%
Support for SPARK, to include Phantom compatibility via PLC
2.19%
3 2.19%
A fully self contained streaming system, i.e. no need for a computer, just add NAS or USB memory with music.
19.71%
27 19.71%
I would accept any kind of functionality if sound quality is clearly superior to AIR
10.22%
14 10.22%
Virtual soundcard, much like AIR but with superior sound quality and stability
7.30%
10 7.30%
Total 137 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Streamer Board - What is the 'must have' feature
(23-Jan-2017, 14:04)Confused Wrote:
(23-Jan-2017, 11:28)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(22-Jan-2017, 17:20)G51 Wrote: Glad to know that Mr. Mathieu Pernod is most concerned in SQ. More functions are bonus but SQ is the king IMHO.

Erm... I hate to disappoint folks!

Mathieu Pernod told me in no uncertain terms that there was NO WAY a fancy streamer could make any difference to the SQ of the Devialet. Admittedly this was a couple of years ago but it is clear that he doesn't believe that reclocking etc will have any effect. After all he has been quite happy conducting demos using a MacBook connected via USB. 

Guillaume

Guillaume - I recall that you posted that Devialet were planning (or at least 'hinting' at planning) something 'quite ambitious' for the OS board.  So I'm guessing you think this hint was aimed more at functionality rather than sound quality? 

Plus, if they hit the Q2 promise, we only have 5 more months of speculation to go! Sad   Oh the joy!

That is my guess. Anyway it's all conjecture at this point. I don't have any new info, other than what Mathieu told me via email a few months ago.

I'm actually thinking more like Q3, but I hope it's earlier.

Once again I don't think Roon is going to feature, rather we will see the first steps of the Expert PROs becoming real streamers (as opposed to network attached DAC/amplifiers). Based on what they have publicly announced the first stop would appear to be UPnP/DLNA.

For the Expert PRO to become a real streamer it will require a control point of some description. This is where I think we will see Spark coming into the game.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: The new Streamer Board - What is the 'must have' feature - by GuillaumeB - 23-Jan-2017, 14:52