Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Verry bad service Devialet
Here is a part of my communication with Devialet.

Dear Antonin,

First you let me whaite more than a year with de message that repair of the phantom soon possible is and now you told me that it isnt possobli to repair the pahntom.

It is not coveret on mij insurance but i have bought a new phantom witch cost me 2000 euro.

Zo now i have 3 pahantoms. One damaged and 2 good ones.

Can you do somthing for me because now i have spend 6300 euro for 3 phantoms and one dialog.
Mybe it is fair that you give me a fair price for the damaged phantom.

Dear Aadnel,

Thanks for your message.

I will discuss about your case with my manager and let you know what alternative is available.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Dear Mr. Antonin,

Thank you for your disappointing email of February 3rd 2017.

In earlier communications you had already mentioned that it was not possible to repair my Phantom. After complaints from my side, you mentioned that you would go in contact to your manager to come up with a good solution. Unfortunately you have surprised me by sending  a one line email that it is not possible repair my Phantom, I already knew that.

If I have a damaged bumper of new bought car, it is logical that the original manufacturer can repair this and not stating that they cannot repair it because they do not have proper tools to do this. As a company who is selling high class products, you need to have a good service organization.

I am really disappointed how you treat your customers and if feels not right at all, more over I would name it a “shame”.
First you keep me waiting for a long time before stating that you cannot repair it an after 18 months I receive a message that you cannot repair it at all. As a good customer who have spent over 6300 euro to buy your products I expect a much better service.
This is a bit hard to understand but I'll give it a go; did you damage a Phantom and sent it to Devialet for repair? And then did it take 18 months for them to tell you they couldn't repair it?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I have the Phantom when he was 3 months old damaged self-inflicted. (One is dented from the cheeks), of which I sent a photo to Devialet and they let me 18 months ago that repair was not possible because they have no repair department. Many times asked whether repair is possible at all. Now they let me know that they did not fix Phantoms. Poor service so.
can somebody else please confirm this? do they not repair phantoms? so if it breaks after the warranty runs out what happens?

thanks
(23-Feb-2017, 16:58)JimmyJ Wrote: can somebody else please confirm this? do they not repair phantoms? so if it breaks after the warranty runs out what happens?

thanks

I don't think they're able to repair Phantom. They aren't able to pry it open without damaging it. See this post:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...7#pid58127
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
oh shit, so if you break it out of warranty it goes straight in the bin?
(23-Feb-2017, 18:19)JimmyJ Wrote: oh shit, so if you break it out of warranty it goes straight in the bin?

Right to the recycling center Tongue
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
mmmm by the look of things it should go in the organic recycling if it breaks :-)
I think this is not correct. Of course Devialet can open the Phantom even if it's locked with 1 ton of force as they mentioned on the site. Worst case scenario — they will have to replace the outer shell, which shouldn't cost more than 50$ in production and then reuse the internal parts somehow.
(23-Feb-2017, 18:59)dmitrek Wrote: I think this is not correct. Of course Devialet can open the Phantom even if it's locked with 1 ton of force as they mentioned on the site. Worst case scenario — they will have to replace the outer shell, which shouldn't cost more than 50$ in production and then reuse the internal parts somehow.

Are you sure? I was thinking about this a lot already ... how they close the case... But I think the outer plastic shell is not locked wit 1 ton - its the inner metal shell of the Bass speakers. There you have the air compression. You cannot apply 1 ton on the plasik shell - it would break ... That's my understanding because everything else does not sound logic to me. Is this somewhere described in more detail?
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)