Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert app problem - can anyone assist?
Is it the Superhub 2 or 3 you're using?

I've recently upgraded to the superhub 3, and similarly have my D hardwired via a switch.

I find the DHCP and the wifi on the super hubs pretty poor to be honest - and even more so in the 3. Every now and again I get a slow connection to the app, as well as other apps, so it's almost certainly the virgin hub. It's speed as a cable modem is good, but like all things they're built to a price and the wifi etc aren't top spec. I'm looking at adding something like a high end TP-link wifi router and bypassing the virgin hub other than for the final internet connection.

Hardly anything shows up in the 'connected devices' tab on the virgin hubs BTW - it's useless. Use a network scanner app like Fing and it will show everything connected - if it's dropping off there there's an issue somewhere. (Shows as ICP Electronics - bit lazy Devialet) as mentioned above.

I'd periodically reboot the hub.

Also, as much as possible, use static IPs set at the device level and avoid DHCP. Not so convenient for iPhones etc but definitely do it on the D and any other static computer devicesyou have. The less the hub has to manage the better.

I suppose you could have a cabling issue (have you tested?) or wifi interference, but the above are my best guesses.

(K4680 already said about Fing, duh)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expert app problem - can anyone assist? - by Hifi_swlon - 15-Mar-2017, 12:45