Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon supports Devialet AIR
(22-May-2017, 18:20)petrik Wrote: ^ Excellent points Antoine! Couldn't agree more. Devialet maybe don't deserve it but at least many of the customers will be happy *if* they get a working solution finally. It increases customer satisfaction probably for both parties.

We don't know for sure has the Roon team done all the development effort or how much Devialet has participated on that.

Does it make any sense for Devialet to implement RAAT anymore on the os/streamer board if this Roon+AIR integration works? Would that bring any benefits?

I agree with your points too. And since they (Devialet) partnered up (finally!) everyone benefits. It's just me thinking they don't really deserve it, which is of course not relevant at all when we consider the benefits and also consider it's what many people, including myself, have always asked for. Smile

Regarding your last question, I think it's impossible to answer right now. We do know there's complex things like zone/time synchronisation etc. built into RAAT. No idea if Roon/Roon+Devialet has managed to implement such things into AIR or as an add-on. It could be both parties will accept that that's functionality that won't be offered or offered later. Anyway, time will tell!
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I believe RAAT would allow multiple players to better sync. Right now, streaming via AIR to my Devialet does not allow me to sync it with any other end-point (unless, of course I had other Devialet as end points which I don't). But who knows... perhaps Roon has a solution on the horizon for that as well.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(22-May-2017, 21:14)mdconnelly Wrote: I believe RAAT would allow multiple players to better sync.  Right now, streaming via AIR to my Devialet does not allow me to sync it with any other end-point (unless, of course I had other Devialet as end points which I don't).  But who knows... perhaps Roon has a solution on the horizon for that as well.

By running AIR on my Core machine, it's kind of a cheat that it becomes an RAAT zone (as far as to the driver at least) so can be grouped. The problem is - and I only really discovered this after I sold my rendu - is the AIR driver latency is variable.

So I can get it perfectly in sync, except, after a sample rate change or after an AIR restart, it will be a few ms or more out. So that's a bit annoying to an otherwise perfectly workable solution. I've got surprisingly good at guessing how many ms to adjust (although it is harder to guess the direction), but it's annoying. My wife noticed really quickly when I stopped tweaking it out of laziness - I got a 'why aren't the kitchen and lounge in sync anymore.' The beats in a The XX album were a dead giveaway.

On step forwards, two steps back......

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(22-May-2017, 22:18)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(22-May-2017, 21:14)mdconnelly Wrote: I believe RAAT would allow multiple players to better sync.  Right now, streaming via AIR to my Devialet does not allow me to sync it with any other end-point (unless, of course I had other Devialet as end points which I don't).  But who knows... perhaps Roon has a solution on the horizon for that as well.

By running AIR on my Core machine, it's kind of a cheat that it becomes an RAAT zone (as far as to the driver at least) so can be grouped. The problem is - and I only really discovered this after I sold my rendu - is the AIR driver latency is variable.

So I can get it perfectly in sync, except, after a sample rate change or after an AIR restart, it will be a few ms or more out. So that's a bit annoying to an otherwise perfectly workable solution. I've got surprisingly good at guessing how many ms to adjust (although it is harder to guess the direction), but it's annoying. My wife noticed really quickly when I stopped tweaking it out of laziness - I got a 'why aren't the kitchen and lounge in sync anymore.' The beats in a The XX album were a dead giveaway.

On step forwards, two steps back......

That is the primary reason I kept my uRendu.    But in truth, I usually just use AIR except when I want to sync with other players in the house.    I love that I can, but actually rarely do so.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I'm the opposite. The lounge and kitchen are pretty much always grouped as it's a semi open plan space.

But when it comes to an evening listening session on the main hifi, the kitchen zone gets muted.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-May-2017, 10:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Are you comparing exactly the same versions of albums between Tidal and Qobuz?
Is all DSP disabled in Roon, and exclusive and integer mode set?

I'm surprised there's a difference especially since both are going via AIR.

I'll answer . . I have always found Qobuz more to my liking than Tidal. Same albums, same settings, etc. I don't say "better" because for some they may prefer Tidal. This is with their cd quality streaming so it is apples to apples.

Another reason I like Qobuz is that for the music I like (Jazz and classical) it is much easier for me to find new and interesting things from the App. With Tidal I am endlessly bombarded with rap and hip/hop. . despite the fact that I have never listened to any of that . . .oh well.
Good things will happen in about two weeks?

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/deviale...h/26148/13

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(28-May-2017, 19:04)ragwo Wrote: Good things will happen in about two weeks?

June 6 or 12 sounds about right..... Cool
Happily waiting for the good news to come. At the moment enjoing D and Roon as it is.
Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL
(28-May-2017, 21:13)Wdw Wrote:
(28-May-2017, 19:04)ragwo Wrote: Good things will happen in about two weeks?

June 6 or 12 sounds about right..... Cool

The dates shown above were given by a source within ROON...today is the 6th so wondering if anyone has received update notices for the remote app or ROON itself?  Waiting to order the parts for the ROON ROCK but only after confirmation of this rumoured AIR integration.  Cheers from Vancouver, BC, Canada.