Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
Can't wait to try it. Is there a link to the article, and was there any mention of the sound quality?
(16-Sep-2017, 03:34)nicoludio Wrote: Can't wait to try it. Is there a link to the article, and was there any mention of the sound quality?

Hello Nicoludio, at HiFiStatement are some contributions to Melco! You can search for the reports!
https://www.hifistatement.net/tests/item...rbesserung
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks but the references to the Melco app are missing - perhaps it was a beta version.

Interestingly, if you make a Google search on the Melco app, there are some screen shots of the GUI. Its not available for download though.

Waiting to see if it will have upsampling + EQ/DRC functions. Unlikely but who knows?
(17-Sep-2017, 06:21)nicoludio Wrote: Thanks but the references to the Melco app are missing - perhaps it was a beta version.

Interestingly, if you make a Google search on the Melco app, there are some screen shots of the GUI. Its not available for download though.

Waiting to see if it will have upsampling + EQ/DRC functions. Unlikely but who knows?

Hi nicoludio, the new app is "Melco HD" as you can see on the screenshot! On the hifiStatement site there are several articles about Melco (also with app) !!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
For me the best input currently for my Devialet 440 Pro is via Ethernet using my Melco N1A. I recently purchased a Pink Faun Lan Isolator to go before the Melco N1A player ethernet port. http://www.pinkfaun.com/index.php/pink-f...-rj45.html I am wondering if the community of Melco enthusiasts on this forum have any opinion regarding the above item. If anyone has tried a LAN isolator with Melco please could you post your impression. Thanks
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
(16-Jan-2018, 20:00)JimSmith Wrote: For me the best input currently for my Devialet 440 Pro is via Ethernet using my Melco N1A. I recently purchased a Pink Faun Lan Isolator to go before the Melco N1A player ethernet port. http://www.pinkfaun.com/index.php/pink-f...-rj45.html I am wondering if the community of Melco enthusiasts on this forum have any opinion regarding the above item. If anyone has tried a LAN isolator with Melco please could you post your impression. Thanks

Sorry don't know about the specific device you mention, but just agreed ethernet gives me the best quality, and I'm using the Melco C1AE cable to achieve this (saw a small improvement vs. initial random cable).

https://www.melco-audio.com/products/c1ae/
Devialet Expert D200 > D400 > D440 Pro, Melco N1A, B&W 804 D3, Wireworld Starlight USB & Eclipse 7 speakers. Japan.
(Oppo HA-1, Macbook Pro, Sennheiser HD800S)
I tried the Etalon ethernet Isolator (good reputation) on te line before the Melco A1. The sound was thiner. Il tried 2 times because i own it. Same result.
@Bob58 thanks for your giving your observations on this. I presume by thinner you mean to say it was a negative outcome. I shall obviously report back my findings, if the results are negligible or negative at least it was only a modest outlay.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
@HmJ I am already using the Audioquest Diamond and I have to say it has made a tremendous difference in sound quality as compared to the vodka that I was using before. Much more detail and better timber.
(07-Sep-2017, 07:58)HmJ Wrote:
(13-Jul-2017, 11:56)harris4crna Wrote: Out of curiosity, anyone got the Dela version from Buffalo versus the Melco? I own the Dela, which is the Japanese version of the same player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(13-Jul-2017, 15:03)tategoi Wrote: Tempted to buy one in Japan and then ask local melco dealer to build me a 110v transformer :-D

Hello! I bought an N1A in Japan, it's 100V only and works very well. Recent firmwares improved it also. It's really a pure branding issue, the firmware is the same.

is the firmware in english?