Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Devialet ever release new Expert features?
It is much more relaxing to not continually look for updates but to listen to music, I find.
When there is an update I am thankful since my Goldmund amplifiers didn't have one in the 15 years I used them in my main system for listening to music several hours per day.
What is it that the Devialet needs?
OK there is always the question of streaming, where no logical standard seems to exist in the hifi business so the multiple choices are variously irritating, inconsistent and often useless (for classical music). But the inputs for normal sources are state of the art to my ears and I can enjoy LPs, CDs and streaming for background pop music without fretting about updates.
When the streamer board and other updates become available for my amp I will look forward to them, though the streamer board is of little interest to me unless it magically finds classical works in a logical sequence Smile until then I have been simlpy listening to music.

I really think Devialet made a rod for their own backs by making their amp user updateable. Most other high end companies make it dealer only or difficult in the rare case where an update is possible, mostly it isn't of course.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Devialet ever release new Expert features? - by f1eng - 22-Jun-2017, 10:03