Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Devialet ever release new Expert features?
Just to be clear, my intention was to see whether anyone else felt there would ever be future, free, feature upgrades in line with Devialet's EVO blurb which they still use as a selling point for the Experts.

Whether or not they should have offered this in the first place, or whether we need new features, is somewhat immaterial. As are any conversations about the Pro line or streamerboard - the Pros were a new model (or paid hardware upgrade), and the streamerboard simply a part of the Pro that wasn't ready in time - so neither relate to this notion of regular free updates and new features.

As for needing them, there are plenty of useful features that are still missing from the experts - like Room Correction - which would be great to have.

But I can't think when the last time a genuine new feature came along.  

If of course Devialet took the line of some comments here and said "you know what we don't think you need any more new features so we're not doing any" then that would be one thing, but that's not what they're saying.  Maybe they're working on something big? But if it relies on the Pros or the streamerboard, then it won't really be keeping true to the EVO principle for all non-Pro owners....

Meanwhile, contrary to popular belief, it is in fact possible to enjoy listening to music while pondering whether Devialet will ever add something new to the Experts - they're not mutually exclusive.  Smile

@agentsmith I'd love to know what they're "ahead of schedule" on.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Devialet ever release new Expert features? - by Hifi_swlon - 22-Jun-2017, 12:27