Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Devialet ever release new Expert features?
I do not expect any significant new upgrade of the amplification part of the experts after Pro but DSP can be further developed. I would be interested in better cross-over functionality and speaker correction past 200Hz but I am thinking that would be not a priority for most expert users.
I am all for speaker correction but room correction is a misnomer as one alters the speaker output and does not correct the room. The room has to be corrected by acoustical means so I hope Devialet continues to not implement room correction.
The main aspect that has to be improved and updated is connectivity to digital data. So one can hope that the "upcoming" streamer board will be a major improvement and make the experts competitive with others recent high end DACs/amps. I am thinking that USB will be never the optimal link and a more audio optimized connection like Ravenna or something similar will/should be the developed. That must be with a wider platform accepted by many more companies as Ravenna is now (Merging and Genelec).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Devialet ever release new Expert features? - by Music or sound - 22-Jun-2017, 18:23