Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Devialet ever release new Expert features?
(22-Jun-2017, 18:23)iMusic or sound Wrote: I am all for speaker correction but room correction is a misnomer as one alters the speaker output and does not correct the room. The room has to be corrected by acoustical means so I hope Devialet continues to not implement room correction.

I do not at all agree with you on  room correction. I've just had my speakers SAM'ed. I have used SAM with good results for many years, but with the 'wrong' profile. SAM helps a lot and especially when using a profile made for your speakers, but it is digital room correction that really changes quality of speaker/room interaction. Of course it does not change the room. That is the whole point! I do not want the room changed, nor does my wife. I have nothing against acoustic room treatment, but it is not very practical in a living room. Further, I do not want Devialet to implement room correction (make it themselves). I want them to support convolution in the DSP with filters made in Audiolense or Acourate. I started using DRC many years ago and can not live without it. If you'd heard proper DRC in action I am sure you'd change opinion.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Devialet ever release new Expert features? - by ogs - 23-Jun-2017, 08:53