Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Devialet ever release new Expert features?
(23-Jun-2017, 05:17)no32 Wrote:
(22-Jun-2017, 18:46)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(22-Jun-2017, 18:23)Music or sound Wrote: The main aspect that has to be improved and updated is connectivity to digital data. So one can hope that the "upcoming" streamer board will be a major improvement and make the experts competitive with others recent high end DACs/amps. 

Speaking of which I tested a Linn KDS/3 this am.

It took me minutes to connect to Qobuz WITHOUT a computer in sight. It also found my library on my SonicTransporter (which is where Roon server resides) in seconds. Nice iPhone interface too.

No need for a standalone streamer, just an ethernet connection to the network.

If I'd wanted to I could have used the room correction that Linn offer too.

Guillaume

Btw how did it sound

It sounded quite a bit better than I remember the previous KDS models, I did own a KDS for 3 or 4 years. Still has that ever so slightly laid back presentation but the detail and musicality is way better now. It's definitely up there with some of the best DACs I have heard. What struck me most was the sense of timing, on a few tracks I just wanted to get up and dance!  Big Grin

At nearly £16k it has very stiff competition though.  Confused And the lack of DSD would be a problem for me.

The reason I brought it up in this thread was more to make the point of how features can be really nice too. It was literally a case of turning on the unit and in seconds starting up the Kazoo app which instantly gave me access to my Qobuz account and files stored locally. 

I detected very little difference between music streamed from the internet and locally so the built-in streamer element seemed pretty good to me. 

OK the interface isn't as nice as Roon and it doesn't do the Tidal thing (that Roon does) but overall I was just really impressed by the way everything was fuss free. I could easily live with this in other words.

But anyway I am digressing as this is really a conversation about the missing OS board.  Rolleyes

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Devialet ever release new Expert features? - by GuillaumeB - 23-Jun-2017, 12:40