Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Devialet ever release new Expert features?
I'm pleased to see that there are many members who are happy with their amps and the release of new features. And I'm one of them. Since I started following this forum in Sept 2014 Devialet has updated their firmware many times; some minor and some major, especially in the phono capacity. They have created SAM lab and toured it around the world. They have made an incredible leap in amp performance from the Expert to the Pro series, and they managed to create the Phantom. And the number of speakers with SAM profiles continues to grow.

Many here seem to expect different features to be added, as if the fact that the Devialet is updatable should make it an automatic candidate for every feature that every other company is working on. Its as if the point of owning an expensive hi fi system is to continually play with the equipment, which frankly, a one-box product is not really ideal for.

We will get the streamer board at some point and then a whole new round of gear-fiddling can begin. I am not exasperated the information release from Devialet or the actual release date. Whatever the streamer board is actually going to do, I hope they take their time, get it right, and make it great.... which is what they did with the Pro upgrade.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Devialet ever release new Expert features? - by Damon - 24-Jun-2017, 16:54